RESTful Python

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Jan 30 21:12:17 EST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:39:02 +0800,
	SimonW <drconrad at metaplay.com.au> wrote:
> I want to be able to address sections of an XML document using an URI,
> but I am not sure how to implement this. I've seen this done in Python
> before, however I cannot find the site again, and cannot recall the
> correct google incantations to re-discover it.

The usual way would be to use a fragment identifier, so that the client can
find the right element, e.g. http://example.com/foo.xml#id45 means
downloading foo.xml and looking for the element with an id="id45" attribute.
But the fragment identifier isn't sent to the HTTP server, so you couldn't
do a DEL or PUT to replace just that fragment; I don't know if that's what
you want.

> Can anyone point me to some REST style implementations in Python?

Someone's already pointed you to Dave Kuhlman's article on REST and Quixote,
which is a good start.

--amk