PyCon2004 - Where to stay, which airport?

Robert Boyd robhboyd at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 11:15:07 EST 2004

--- Brad Clements <bkc at Murkworks.com> wrote:

> Cheap flights from Ottawa (2 hour drive), $278 or so
> to DCA. (but from
> Massena, 30 minute drive) $1200 to DCA. Thanks FAA
> Essential Air Service.
>
> Anyway, where should I stay that's cheap but not too
> yucky? I don't mind
> riding the subway. I might come early for sprints or
> the Smithsonian.
>
> I couldn't find recommended lodgings on the PyCon
> wiki. Is DCA the correct
> airport?

Check the prices to BWI (Baltimore-Washington
International) and IAD (Dulles). BWI often is the
cheapest of the 3 DC metro area airports. I'm pretty
certain BWI has a shuttle to downtown DC, I know
Dulles has cheap shuttle to DC or to nearby Metrorail
(subway). Washington Flyer shuttle to Metro:
www.washfly.com. SuperShuttle van transport:
www.supershuttle.com. "Raygun" National Airport is
right on a subway line.

As for hotels, how cheap is cheap? Arlington Virginia
is probably cheaper than downtown DC, and there's
subway.

Rob