Fw: PDF library for reading PDF files

David Boddie davidb at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Sun Jan 18 16:16:11 EST 2004

"Peter Galfi" <galfip at freestart.hu> wrote in message news:<mailman.464.1074430854.12720.python-list at python.org>...

> I am looking for a library in Python that would read PDF files and I
> could extract information from the PDF with it. I have searched with
> google, but only found libraries that can be used to write PDF files.
>
> Any ideas?

I quickly searched back through Google, but I knew exactly what I was
looking for: ;-)

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=4de76ee2.0311251258.2bcf8bea%40posting.google.com

The page referred to is here:

http://www.boddie.org.uk/david/Projects/Python/pdftools/

The module is very much a "work in progress". You can probably get
some text and bitmap images out of a few documents, but that's
probably all you can expect unless you want to improve it (and
submit patches).

Good luck!

David