Firing events in local server (CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER)

Ogger ogger at ya.com
Fri Jan 2 14:56:01 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a COM local server with python using Mark
Hammond's win32 extensions, but I have problems when I want to fire an
event.

The COM server has a worker thread and I want to fire an event from
this worker thread passing an argument to the event that is another
automation server (served from the same local server). The error
message is (translated from spanish):

Ignoring COM error to connection. - <pywintypes.com_error instance at
....>
-2147417842, The application called an interface that was in a buffer
for a different subprocess.

I have tried many options, like: changing in
win32com/server/localserver.py the property sys.coinit_flags to
CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER, using CoMarshalInterThreadInterfaceInStream to
pass the interface to the worker thread, without success.

Can anybody explain me what is happen?