Proposal: new peps always in clpa

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Jan 4 19:42:23 EST 2004

In article <mailman.82.1073245693.12720.python-list at python.org>,
Gerrit Holl  <gerrit at nl.linux.org> wrote:
>Aahz wrote:
>> In article <mailman.80.1073238516.12720.python-list at python.org>,
>> Gerrit Holl  <gerrit at nl.linux.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>would it be a good idea to automatically sumbit all new peps to
>>>comp.lang.python.announce? After all, each PEP is an announcement and
>>>may be important to the entire Python community. Another possibility
>>>would be to python-dev, but since c.l.py.announce has a broader public,
>>>I'd prefer the first one. What do you think?
>>
>> That's a good idea, but c.l.py.announce needs to have its Followup-To:
>> set to c.l.py.  I think I asked for that once before, but didn't get a
>> response.
>
>I think Followup-To: should be set to c.l.py for _any_ posting in
>c.l.py.announce, not only for peps, but that is another issue
>altogether.

Exactly.  But currently most announcements to c.l.py.announce don't spawn
discussion, so it hasn't been a critical issue; until Followup-To is
fixed, I'm opposed to requiring PEPs to be posted there.  Note that it's
not trivial, because c.l.py.a has a gateway to an e-mail list, where
c.l.py.a hasn't even been upgraded to current Mailman yet.

A: No.
Q: Is top-posting okay?