PEP 324: popen5 - New POSIX process module

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Tue Jan 6 17:22:17 EST 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Moore, Paul wrote:

> From: Peter Astrand [mailto:astrand at lysator.liu.se]

> > The only drawback with "process" is that it is already in use by
> > http://starship.python.net/~tmick/#process.
>
> Ah. I wasn't aware of that module. I wonder whether Trent would be willing
> to combine his code and yours somehow, and donate the name?

There might be some logic to making this a subpackage of os (os.process ?),
which already has a doc subsection for process management functions,
rather than a separate top level module (like popen2).

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia