Python for Embedded Devices?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Mon Jan 5 11:45:18 EST 2004

In article <33b7435c.0401050722.3b01a3d0 at posting.google.com>,
Dave <googlegroups at thuswise.com> wrote:
>What about cases where the OS shields you from porting issues?
>
>This is a question which interests me at the moment, as I'm
>considering some future embedded work.
>
>Python is available as a package for NetBSD. To what extent
>does this mean that, if you can install NetBSD, you can run
>a Python interpreter?
			.
			.
			.
I'm quite confident that a good NetBSD installation will be
able to run (core) Python nicely.  Was that your question?
While I haven't used NetBSD myself on any interesting hard-
ware, all my experience tells me the combination will be
robust.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net