Further problems wirh Emacs Python mode

jblazi jblazi at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 12 10:08:35 EST 2004

The Python mode for Emacs works nicely on my own machine but it does not
work entirely correctly in my school.
We use a Novell network and that may cause some problems.
Shen I am editing a Python program and type C-c C-c, the second window
with the caption is displayed (The Emacs window is tiled), but the print
output does not appear. When my Python program is for example

print 'hallo'

nothing is displayed in the Python Output Window. (On my machine at home I
see 'Hallo' (without the 's).

I should like to add this: I usually start Python programs on the school
systems by typing test.py (for example) at the command line. Then the
Python interpreter is automativally started and test.py is executed. This
does not work with the Python mode package (CPython?) and so I wrote a
batchfile python.py, that contains the only line %1.

Has anybody an idea, what goes wrong?

--
TIA,
jb