newbie question about compression and ascii

Haim Ashkenazi haim at babysnakes.org
Sun Jan 18 11:05:08 EST 2004

Hi

I'm a real newbie, so sorry if this is a trivial question.

I'm writing a script that collect a list of files and creates a zipfile from
these files. when running it on linux everything works fine, but when I'm
running it on windows I get this error when running the command:

myZip.write(file)

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xa8 in position 10:
ordinal not in range(128)

the file variable contains: u'C:\\Document and Settings\\haim\etc...'.

is there a way to solve this?

thanx
--
Haim