I support PEP 326

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Jan 22 22:15:33 EST 2004

"David M. Cooke" wrote:

> Or, expressing the idea that they're the ends of a number line:
>
> PosInf, NegInf
> PosInfinity, NegInfinity
> PositiveInfinity, NegativeInfinity
>
> If IEEE floating point was done correctly everywhere, I'd say make
> them the corresponding floating-point constants (Inf+ and Inf-).

The "if" conditional here is bad.  Naming something "infinity" if it
weren't the IEEE floating point constants as well would be seriously
misleading.

After all, this _isn't_ a number line since we're talking about
comparing arbitrary objects.

> Or,
> FreakingHuge, FreakingHugeTheOtherWay

Don't be silly; that latter one should be FreakingUnhuge :-).

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && &tSftDotIotE