Regions of similarity in a matrix

Daniel Pryde dpryde+usenet at cis.strath.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 11:03:42 EST 2004

Hi again everyone.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any python modules that are able to
detect and extract regions of similarity from a matrix. My problem is
that I have a self organizing map that has been trained, but now need to
detect and extract the areas that contain similar values. In my case,
each matrix point contains 9 pixels. I have calculated the euclidean
values for each 9 pixel tuple in order to search for edges, so I'm
guessing that an edge would just be a radical change between
neighbouring values. I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to code it up
myself, but was just asking in the hope that a module may already exist
to help me along the way. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel