Oracle db connection problem solved

John Benson jsbenson at bensonsystems.com
Wed Jan 28 21:53:37 EST 2004

Thanks much for help with the Oracle db connection problem. That, plus some
local assistance getting the sqlnet.ora default domain right, got everything
fixed. Now I'm connected, and have been able to retrieve information from
Oracle into my PC Python session.

I seem to see a lot of advice asking people to google before submitting a
problem to the list. This was nicely illustrated by the suggestion to google
on the verbatim Oracle database error code. I was amazed to see all the
stuff it brought up, and I'll certainly add googling for even proprietary
error codes to my bag of tricks.

Thanks again.