ProtoCiv: porting Freeciv to Python CANNED

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Jan 14 18:31:08 EST 2004

Brandon Van Every wrote:

> Referring to Bent's astute post, it's more like criticizing an OSS
> restaurant that says it serves a lot of things, but in fact doesn't.
> "Cross-platform, so long as your platform is Linux."

Unix, not Linux.  You may not care about the non-Linux Unix, but the
developers do.  You characterizing it as Linux only is just ignorance.
There are different levels of portability; the fact that Windows
portability may not be high on some peoples' priorities doesn't mean
that their code still can't be widely portable.

But, of course, even that assertion is wrong to begin with.  Freeciv.org
indicates that there are both Cygwin and win32 native ports.  You're
just complaining that there isn't a .NET port, something which the
developers never promised (and probably rightly don't care about at this
point).

As usual, you are all bluster and no content.

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && &tSftDotIotE