Cheetah best for templating?

Ville Vainio ville.vainio at spamster_tut_remove.fi
Mon Jan 5 02:34:14 EST 2004

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> writes:

> I tend to think highly of EmPy, but that's not exactly a surprise :-):

<aol>Me too!</aol>

> 	http://www.alcyone.com/software/empy/
>
> I do know that there are several people on the EmPy mailing list using
> EmPy for exactly the purpose you're considering.

Including yours truly. Also, the source code generation problem might
be solved trivially by checking out

http://www.students.tut.fi/~vainio24/pywiz/

> What's going to be best for you is really going to depend on your
> aesthetic sensibilities; pretty much all of templating systems' base
> features are universal, just expressed in different ways.  The only

Also, there is very little to lose by taking a cursory glance at each
one and choosing what seems easiest (assuming they have the same level
of power).

Short EmPy tutorial:

---------- myfile.em -------------------

@{