Using python for _large_ projects like IDE

DilbertFan steveb428pleaseremovethis at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 18 12:06:06 EST 2004

If you do write this  IDE, please include a compiler warning that catches
the missing () at the end of a function that doesn't have arguments.  I've
sunk into a dark world of a diabolically mind-destroying hysteria while
trying to troubleshoot some scripts, and then realizing that a python
function was not executing because I was calling it without '()'.  But
Python doesn't complain, or give you a message or anything,... it simply
doesn't execute that function!

Big reason I forget the empty parenthesis: I do Delphi also, and it doesn't
require it.

(Meanwhile, for Python I'm using Komodo, which is really good.  Funny how I
keep upgrading UltraEdit when I go ahead and register more language-specific
tools anyway )

news:930ba99a.0401180625.5863acd4 at posting.google.com...