Escaping slashes (double backslash plague)

Aloysio Figueiredo xpythonist at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jan 20 06:27:00 EST 2004

 --- Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> escreveu:

> If this isn't what you're trying to do, please
> explain more thoroughly
> what your goal is, because it seems very unnecessary
> to be putting
> \/ into a string for any reason (whether as a path
> or not) ...
>
> -Peter

Yes, that is what I was trying to do, and five minutes
after posting I realized that it was a very stupid
idea. I apologize for bothering you and the others
asking things I should have figured out myself. But
thanks anyway, because your explanation helped me to
clarify some misconceptions I had about strings in
python!

Aloysio