overwrite private method... (of wxColumnSorterMixin class)

Florian Preknya bolo at coco.ro
Mon Jan 19 07:38:45 EST 2004

Is there a posibility to overwrite a private method (one that starts with
__ ) ? I read that they are just formely private, they are prefixed with the
class name to have an obtured visibility, so maybe it's a trick here...

More details...
I use wxPython, more specifically the wxColumnSorterMixin class. I want to
overwrite the __OnColClick event handler to behave on my way: I want the
sorting feature will affect only some columns, not all columns and that
event handler is the key. The problem is that the event chain is skiped in
the __OnColClick method, so I cannot receive the event anymore. So, my idea
was to overwrite the __OnColClick method in the mixin subclass. Is this
possible? Or, are they other solutions for this ?

Thanks,
Florian.