Cross Platform Browser Launcher

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Thu Jan 29 03:22:26 EST 2004

Stephan Deibel <sdeibel at wingide.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.939.1075315090.12720.python-list at python.org>...
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Pieter Claerhout wrote:
> > Take a look at the webbrowser module...
> > http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-webbrowser.html
>
> I submitted a patched webbrowser module with substantial improvements
> a while back.  I'm hoping this can make it into Python 2.4 so please
> try it out:
>
> http://python.org/sf/728278
>
> Thanks!
>
> Stephan Deibel

Thanks for all your help guys - I've downloaded the updated module to
have a look at it.

Certainly using the standard module :

from webrowser import open as openbrow
openbrow('help.html')

works under windows !
'm a bit worried about not being able to supply an absolute path... am
wondering if the current working directory will always get set
correctly on other platforms.....

Hmmm... to be fair - I'm not sure how likely my application is to be
run on anything other than windows.

Thanks.

Fuzzy

> --