Twisted or Medusa or Zope

Pieter Claerhout Pieter.Claerhout at Creo.com
Fri Jan 9 09:51:08 EST 2004

The right address for Snakelets is:
http://snakelets.sourceforge.net

Cheers,

pieter

Creo
pieter claerhout | product support prinergy | tel: +32 2 352 2511 |
pieter.claerhout at creo.com | www.creo.com

IMAGINE CREATE BELIEVE(tm)

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Hansen [mailto:peter at engcorp.com]
Sent: 09 January 2004 15:44
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: Twisted or Medusa or Zope

Robin Becker wrote:

> In article <3FFEB6D6.BF92551E at engcorp.com>, Peter Hansen
> <peter at engcorp.com> writes
> ..
> >enlighten me.
> >
> >Thomas, you're completely ON track here... I just wanted to emphasize
that
> >Twisted is much more polished and sophisticated.  I'd even have to say,
> >as a programmer using them, that Twisted does actually provide a simpler
and
> >cleaner API.  It and Medusa are much closer in concept than either is to
> >Zope, though, as you say.
> >
> In another thread http://snakelets.sf.org was mentioned.

I get at least a temporary "server not found" error when I try that name.

In any case, anything added on top of Twisted and Medusa are, of course,
not Twisted and Medusa.  Zope is added on top of Medusa, and doubtless there
are and will be many things added on top of Twisted, some of which may
be similar in purpose to Zope (specifically, content-management systems
rather than just frameworks for application writing).

-Peter