Server and Client Socket problem

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu
Fri Jan 23 15:07:47 EST 2004

> This code can obviously not run, as its not properly indented. I'm sure that
> indentation got somehow lost when you create the posting, but as long as
> you don't provide it in a executable fashion, we can't help you.

Agreed.

> However, as someone beeing recently converted from hand-made socket
> programming to twisted, I suggest instead of working with sockets yourself,
> you better investigate into the twisted framework. Its very well
> documented.

After having written both synchronous and asynchronous servers and
clients using Python sockets, I've been very happy with the asyncore
standard library.  I should probably give twisted a shot, but writing
with asyncore is so easy that I'm hard-pressed to even bother.  I also
get a sick satisfaction in implementing protocols...but maybe that is
just me.

  - Josiah