Ordered dictionary?

Dragos Chirila d.chirila at bucarest.finsiel.ro
Fri Jan 23 04:43:11 EST 2004

Hi

Maybe this code will help:

import operator

def filterList(p_list, p_value):
    l_len = len(p_list)
    l_temp = map(None, (p_value,)*l_len, p_list)
    l_temp = filter(lambda x: x[1].find(x[0])==0, l_temp)
    return map(operator.getitem, l_temp, (-1,)*len(l_temp))

phones_dict = {'jansen' : '0000', 'xxx' : '1111', 'jan2' : '2222'}
names_list = filterList(phones_dict.keys(), 'jan')
phones_list = map(phones_dict.get, names_list)

print phones_list

This extracts from the dictionary the telephone(values) numbers for
names(keys) starting with 'jan'...

Dragos