I support PEP 326

Gary Robinson grobinson at transpose.com
Thu Jan 22 14:25:55 EST 2004

> What's PEP 326 again?

Sorry... it's a proposal that Python incorporates two singleton constants
that represent top and bottom values: Max and Min might be the names.

Max would be bigger than anything it's compared to and Min would be smaller.
It would be very convenient -- in code I was writing a week or two ago I was
thinking "wouldn't it be great if python had..." exactly what PEP 326
proposes. It would have saved... well... a few minutes. But those add up!

The PEP document gives a lot of examples of why it would be good.

http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0326.html

--Gary

--
Putting http://wecanstopspam.org in your email helps it pass through