Why learn Python ??

Rick Muller rpm at wag.caltech.edu
Mon Jan 12 18:58:44 EST 2004

"Bicho Verde" <bichoverde at sapo.pt> wrote in message news:<40029dad$0$28706$a729d347 at news.telepac.pt>...
> And also I don't know exactly why would I learn Python rather than C#,
> C++ or Perl.

I'd like to take a slightly different perspective on why you should
learn Python: it's simply more fun that the other languages. I know
lots of programming languages, and many are useful, but python is the
only language that I actually look forward to programming in. There is
a real elegance to the syntax, and, once you get used to the whole
indenting thing, you can use python as a pseudocode or an outlining
language. The more you enjoy a language, the more you will use it, and
the better you will be at it.