Python installation breaks Outlook Express

Jere Kahanpaa kahanpaa at gstar.astro.helsinki.fi
Mon Jan 12 15:42:17 EST 2004

Hi.

M. Laymon <mxlaym009 at nospam_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
> causes for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity.
> Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net',
> Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Python is not the source of your problem. The Verizon servers had some
problems (they should now be OK, i think): due to an obscure
misconfiguration they managed to make flood their own servers with
requests - an auto-DOS of sorts.

Jere
--
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey, for one day I may have to eat them
                                                           - Daryl Benson