easiest transition for a PHP website to move to Python?

Python Baby python at hitmedia.com
Fri Jan 30 00:52:51 EST 2004

I've got a database-driven website that's written entirely in PHP.

It's all pretty MVC : NOT embedded little calls inside HTML, but
rather little controller apps in the webroot that merge data with
HTML templates on the fly.

But for various reasons (mostly fun) I want to rewrite it in Python.

There are so many different approaches, though!  Zope, Twisted,
mod_python, clearsilver, and all the goodies in standard library.

What would be the SMOOTHEST TRANSITION for a newbie like me to
rewrite my PHP+MySQL website to Python?

(The URL is http://www.musicthoughts.com)