termios POSIX implementation

Jonathan Hodges jhodges at mit.edu
Mon Jan 26 18:30:55 EST 2004

Posted with an Unregistered Version of NewsHunter - The Newsgroup Utility for OS X.
Get your copy today at: http://www.parkersoftware.com/products/newshunter/

Can anyone provide details on how the python implementation of termios.h differs from the POSIX library?  Are there platform specific issues, especially for the Darwin build?  It seems that if I make identical function calls in a python script and in some c code, the result on my COM port is very different.

Is there something reasonable to explain this?  I tried to decipher the source implementation of TERMIOS.py, but I can't seem to make heads or tails of it.

Any help would be greater appreciated.

Thanks,
JH