hide sourcecode

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu
Thu Feb 5 14:46:00 EST 2004

> I don't know about Windows, but on Unix you can create a script with
> permissions 700 and create a small setuid program executing this script.
>
> Don't know whether Windows has such useful things though, probably not :-P

I've never used setuid, but I would imagine that it works as the name
suggests, it sets the user id of the process.  Which would allow you to
run the script with Python, but not read the source.

There is likely a nontrivial set of methods and system calls where a
script could use the 'run as' service in windows to do a similar thing,
but I wouldn't want to write it.

  - Josiah