where does Python stand?

Ben crescent_au at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 21:39:45 EST 2004

llothar at web.de (Lothar Scholz) wrote in message news:<6ee58e07.0402080829.25ed5799 at posting.google.com>...
> crescent_au at yahoo.com (Ben) wrote in message news:<d99e1341.0402080236.79d3d939 at posting.google.com>...
> > Josiah Carlson <jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu> wrote in message news:<c03its$emc$1 at news.service.uci.edu>...
> > >
> > > If you know Dreamweaver, Python, Java, JavaScript, and CGI using Python,
> > > C, and C++, and you /don't know/ how/where to get started on your
> > > project...that is some serious indecision.  Pick your favorite language,
> > > and write your app.
> >
> > to this as "serious indecision", then so be it! I got nothing to
> > say....
>
> Then maybe the first thing that you shouldn't say is that you now
> Python,Java,JavaScript, C, C++ if the only thing you know is the names
> of this languages.
>
> Sorry but this is some kind of fucking marketing rhetorik. If you
> really now at least one of them your postings would be much different.
> Nobody has a problem with newbies here, but the people who say they
> know a lot but don't do it in reality are not very welcome - nowhere.

Yeah, then there can't be any communication :) That would save a lot
of time of people who know but are not quite ready to share their
knowledge with people... No one is forcing anyone to reply... Talking
about reality- the reality I saw can be entirely different from
reality seen by Mr. A and Mr. B.. There is no such thing like reality
that fits into everybody's lives. Reality is much bigger than Python,
ASP, and PHP :) So where does Python stand in this "vague" reality
(that was my initial query!!!)

Lets not pollute this wonderful group with out-of-topic messages. If
you wanna talk about this, please email me...

Ben