string to integer problem

Diez B. Roggisch deets_noospaam at web.de
Sun Feb 8 12:32:55 EST 2004

> Hi,
> thanks for this it worked a treat but I don't understand how - even after
> reading the docs for the eval() builtin function.Could you explain what's
> going on (in fairly simple terms as well - I'm a programmer for fun not
> cause it's my job)
> Thank you,
> Lol

eval is a function that simply evaluates the expression you pass to it as
string - so

eval("10 + 20")

yields 30. You could think of eval beeing a call to something that starts
the python interpreter as separete process/program, passes its arg as the
script to execute, and returns the computed result - thats it.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch