Netscan and Python

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu Feb 19 12:14:43 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 04:07:32 -0800,
	Paul Prescod <paul at prescod.net> wrote:
> The recent shift in this newsgroup to newbies with very specific
> problems suggests to me that the market is starting to become ready for
> specialized Python books (e.g. VB to Python, Perl to Python, Python for
> multimedia, Python algoritms for your homework, ...).

Indeed; I think it's been ready for a while.  We have introductory books
for programmers and for complete non-programmers, books that are concise
(consider Beazley's Essential Reference, which covers the whole language in
~20 pages) and books that are large.  I don't think there's any point in
writing an introductory or a reference book any more; it would be too
difficult to improve upon the existing titles.

--amk