doc.toxml() gives ASCII encoding error

Jim Hefferon jhefferon at smcvt.edu
Wed Feb 18 22:14:52 EST 2004

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote
> You are not doing anything wrong; it's a bug. Try Python 2.3, or
> try PyXML.

Thanks.  I understand that getting 2.3 to go on Fedora is non-trivial
(although I recently saw that RPM's are now available, so maybe now is
my chance).

I've decided that doc.toxml().encode('UTF-8') is what I want.  I have
to admit that while I have gotten used to thinking of modules as black
boxes, the XML stuff seems to me to be such a big box that I often am
not sure just what I want to do.  I don't think I have the whole
infoset thing inside my brain yet.

Thanks again,
Jim