Nostalgic instruction sequences (Re: Python Productivity Gain?)

Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de) wmwd2zz02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Feb 24 21:13:50 EST 2004

Gordon Airport wrote:
> I used someting similar to his to hack Macintoshes in high school: SM 0
> a9f4, G 0, entered at the magic h4X0r prompt. I have no idea what it's
> actually doing, but you could bypass At Ease with it ;-)

SM 0 a9f4          writes a9 f4 into memory at address 0
G 0                starts executing at address 0

A9F4 is the ExitToShell A-trap, which terminates the
current process. Looks like AtEase was rather easy to
bypass -- all you had to do was kill it!

Nobody's tried to claim their virtual chocolate fish yet,
btw. If you want a clue, the CPU was a National SC/MP...

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,