Stackless 3.0 for Python 2.3: new binaries

Gregor Lingl glingl at aon.at
Mon Feb 23 18:35:43 EST 2004

Christian Tismer schrieb:
> New Win32 binaries have been uploaded to the Stackless website.
>
> Some compatibility issues with certain constructors
> have been solved.
>
> Please let me know of any problems.

Trying seriously to find out how to use stackless and what it is
good for ;-), I stumbled just in the beginning. While I was able to
execute some of my Python programs, among them Tkinter-programs
and even recursive ones,

(1) I was not able to use Stackless from IDLE:

Python 2.3.3 Stackless 3.0 040221 (#51, Feb 15 2004, 22:37:26) [MSC
v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

     Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE
     makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback
     interface.  This connection is not visible on any external
     interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet.

IDLE 1.0.2
 >>> 3*4
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Python23\lib\idlelib\rpc.py", line 233, in asyncqueue
     self.putmessage((seq, request))
   File "C:\Python23\lib\idlelib\rpc.py", line 322, in putmessage
     s = pickle.dumps(message)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

(2) I don't know where to put python23.exp (and what it is good
for). Maybe this is the reason for problem (1) ??

Regards, Gregor