Hiding/showing Tkinter.Canvas items

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at N0SP4M.com
Tue Feb 17 04:08:15 EST 2004

Peter Otten wrote:
> Before I start moving them into dark corners of the canvas - is there a way
> to hide/show Tkinter canvas items without having to maintain their original
> position externally? All I've found so far is sortvisu.py in the demos that
> toggles their coordinates between (0,0,0,0) and the real position/size.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

Not that I know of, and there's apparently nothing like that in the tcl/tk
manual pages. The only thing I can think of is to configure the fill and/or
outline for the items to '', making them invisible. But:
- you have to remember their original fill/outline outside the canvas
- bindings on the items still fire when they are invisible, which may not be
what you want...

HTH
--
- Eric Brunel <eric dot brunel at pragmadev dot com> -