Python/Parrot still alive?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Feb 9 01:40:37 EST 2004

Lothar Scholz wrote:
>>Some interpreters don't have virtual machines, e.g. Tcl did not
>>have one until Tcl 8 or so. OTOH, not all virtual machines are
>

> So Ruby is an interpreter and not a virutal machine ?

I don't know how Ruby is implemented.

On the language level, there are not interpreted or compiled
languages - there are only interpreters and compilers, and they
are on the level of language implementation. So your question
would be only valid for "Ruby 1.8.1" or some other specific
version. However, I could not answer the question for any Ruby
version.

Regards,
Martin