Session CGI!

DH no at sp.am
Tue Feb 24 12:45:13 EST 2004

John wrote:

> I am not looking for magic. What I am looking for is an elegant
> solution to manage session info like in ASP/PHP, both of which have
> doing this for quite a while. It's hardly exotic. It has been a couple
> of years since I last used ASP, but I think it was session("var") =
> value in ASP. Can't be simpler than that. Similar stuff in PHP
> session_register. It manages Client side Cookies under the hood. Nicer
> if the session info is maintained as server side cookies with a unique
> SessionID. At this point, I do not know if that can be done. Sessions
> are important for me since the site is membership based.
>
> All these nice and comprehensive Python web app framewoks I looked at
> so far DO have session support but need additional ports to be open or
> act their own servers.

You want session cookies stored as temp files instead of in a database.

To do it with Quixote see the session persistence section here and the
session_demo.cgi file included with Quixote:
http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/doc/session-mgmt.html

Spyce is a little more like ASP & PHP, see this doc, esp. the auto-
session handling part, which can work with or without cookies:
http://spyce.sourceforge.net/doc-mod_session.html