Py2exe... & hiding propritary stuff in the exe

Will wstandley at netpv.com
Sat Feb 14 07:53:50 EST 2004

Maybe there is another group for posting this... I am a total newbie to
Python... so please forgive me if I ask a bunch of inappropriate
questions... as I am a big question asker.

If I develope an application in Python and use the Py2exe (hope I have that
right) tool... can I embed certain files... like graphic files... and even
video files... into the exe... so that they reside there, during
execution... as opposed to uncompressing into seperate files upon
installation.

For example, if I have a propritary graphic/slide and/or short propritary
video that I don't want to be a 'standalone' file... like a jpg or mov or
whatever... as I don't want people to be able to re-distribute the proteray
graphic/movie files w/o my application... will Py2exe or some other tool or
method bury those some way... like keeping them as data in the exe file?

It's been a long time since I have programed, but Python has got me
interested again.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Will