Python: GUI Builder

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Fri Feb 27 06:00:21 EST 2004

[snip..]

> If you're a little further along the curve, maybe you want to try Tkinter
> itself.  Fredrick Lundh's 1999 book is a good start.  But I found chapters 6-9
> of Mark Lutz'  Programming Python book, 2001, to have some pertinent examples
> and an approach that builds skill upon skill.

I've recently 'dived into Tkinter' and found the Programming Python
book *very* helpful.

There is a fair bit to learn before you can start doing useful stuff -
but once you've got your head round the basics it's not too difficult.

If you want a simple program with a Tkinter GUI to use as examples
then :

a) my Nanagram program ;-)
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/nanagram.html

or

b) sourceforge has a couple of very simple text editors that use
Tkinter and demonstrate a very simple Tkitner framework.

Regards,

Fuzzy