Strange (for a newbie) problem

Angelo Secchi secchi at sssup.it
Sun Feb 22 05:05:51 EST 2004

Thanks Alan, Peter, Wes and Josiah.
Noting that sys.argv[1] was a string solved the problem!!!
Sorry...
angelo

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:39:29 GMT
wes weston <wweston at att.net> wrote:

> Angelo,
>     Yes, more info is needed. One thing that could move
> your error to a latter line and confuse you is that you
> can "multiply" strings.
>
>  >>> x='5'
>  >>> print 6*x
> 555555
>  >>> print type(x)
> <type 'str'>
>
> wes
>
> Angelo Secchi wrote:
> > I'm experiencing the following problem.
> > I have a python script analyses.py where a certain point I have to
> > define a variable called 'code' like:
> >
> > code=151
> >
> > The program works fine but if I change that line in
> > 'code=sys.argv[1]' using the sys module in order to give to the
> > program that code as a parameter (i.e. I then run this script as
> > "python analyses.py 151" from the shell) then the program returns an
> > error complaining that a certain variable different from code is not
> > defined.
> >
> > What is my mistake?
> > Thanks
> > angelo
> >

> --

 Angelo Secchi                     PGP Key ID:EA280337
  Current Position:
  Graduate Fellow Scuola Superiore S.Anna
  Piazza Martiri della Liberta' 33, Pisa, 56127 Italy
  ph.: +39 050 883365
  email: secchi at sssup.it	www.sssup.it/~secchi/