Produce anti-noise

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu
Mon Feb 2 22:44:32 EST 2004

>>Perhaps I'm not understanding the original question, but if one can get
>>the signed (-32768...32767) audio input signals, make it into a numeric
>>array (using Numeric or what have you), multiply that numeric array by
>>-1, then output the signal, it would be relatively easy to invert the
>>phase.
>

> Then you didn't inverse the phase, but amplitude. Phases can be shift.

You are right, I had it confused with something else.

I am curious though, isn't an inverse in phase just a phase shift of 180
degrees?  If so, shouldn't inverting the phases of all input waveforms
(if we were to decompose the signal) produce an output that is
funnctionally an amplitude inversion?

  - Josiah