[Twisted] how to find out filenames of uploaded files?

Frantisek Fuka fuka at fuxoft.cz
Mon Feb 16 16:55:21 EST 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:
> Frantisek Fuka wrote:
>
>>When I upload files using HTML form, i can get the contents of these
>>files from request.args. But how do I find out the filenames under which
>>the files were uploaded?
>

> Is this information even provided by the client?  I would have thought
> that the client sent only the data and the name of the form field to
> which it belongs.
>
> I haven't checked the HTTP/HTML standards though... have you?

Yes, it's definitely provided by the client. I am using PHP application
which does just this. It's also rather well documented in HTML 4.1
specifications on w3.org (in the FORMs section).

In the meantime, I contacted the person who wrote the Twisted http
module and he told me that it's not working very well in the current
implementation and it should be fixed in March.

--
                                          Frantisek Fuka
(yes, that IS my real name)
My E-mail:   fuka at fuxoft.cz