GD/gdmodule on Win XP

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 3 11:50:22 EST 2004

    Eduardo> John, Thank you very much for such a complete answer.

    Eduardo> I'll try it and let you now if I succeed building the
    Eduardo> patched gdmodule.

That would be great.  In the mean time, I have two more pieces of
advice

There is a strange bug that Stefan discovered when saving some images
on win32.  You need to change the line in
matplotlib.backends.backend_gd.print_figure  from

        im.writePng( file(filename, 'wb') )
        im.writePng( filename )

Also, if you need windows installers for fonttools, I built them last
night for python2.2 and python2.3.  Let me know and I'll send you one.

I'd like to add a section 'building GD on win32' to the website, so
let me know if you have anything to add to that.

JDH