server bootstrapping upon connection (WARNING: LONG)

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:23:33 EST 2004

[Benjamin Han]
> But as described, the ps log showed two entries of fooServer.py, but in
> the log produced, only one server actually was started (I can tell that
> from the PID in the log file). I really can't explain this discrepency!

Quick sanity check: Are you using an operating system that reports an
entry in the ps list for every *thread* of a process, rather an entry
for every process, as you might expect. So if you have 2 threads
running under the "fooServer.py" process, you get 2 entries in the
output of ps, rather than 1.

Some unixen do this.

HTH,

--