csv writerow creates double spaced excel csv files

Michal Mikolajczyk michal65 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:38:24 EST 2004

For some reason, when I write data to a csv file using the csv module of
python 2.3 and then open it in excel, every row is double spaced.  I want
the csv file to have every row filled with data not every other row.  Is
there a way I can fix this.  I am using csv.writerow(data) and
csv.writerows(data) functions, both write rows every other row when I open
it in excel.
Example:
1 asdflkjfa
2