tkSnack or other sound tool

Russell E. Owen no at spam.invalid
Wed Feb 11 14:18:44 EST 2004

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "can't control the duration...".
If you just want to call s.stop() at some specified time after starting
the sound, then use "after", as in:

def play():
  s.play
  root.after(1000, stop)

If it's something more complicated, please explain.

I'll be curious to see how this discussion goes. I'm using snack to play
simple sound files. On the whole it works, but sometimes I get snaps,
pops and other oddities.

-- Russell