winapi: mouseclick

Barry Drake bldrake at adaptcs.com
Tue Feb 10 01:38:35 EST 2004

Barry Drake) wrote in message news:<377cfc08.0402091324.323f9074 at posting.google.com>...
> KNS <netquest at sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<FzDRb.20396$mf4.859494 at news20.bellglobal.com>...
> > It's looking like I must use pyHooks...Thanks.
>
> I would like to use pyHooks also.  I've downloaded and installed using
> the .exe installer and grabbed the CVS tree.  But, there is no pyHooks
> module???  The first line of the pyHooksManager.py file is
>
> from pyHook import *
>
> and in the example.py
>
> from pyHookManager import *
>
> Without a pyHook module these both fail.  Anyone know what I need to
> do to make this work?  I've also tried to install the CVS version, but
> it requires MS VC++ 6.0, which I don't have.
>
> Thanks.
> Barry Drake

Found the problem:
1. created the site-packages/pyHook directory myself
2. moved the _pyHook.pyd, pHookManager.py, and example.py (CVS
version) into the pyHook directory.
3. created an empty __init__.py file.
4. ran the example from UltraEdit, which opens a wx frame.  If the
show dos box option is set, the program output is shown there.  Every
key and mouse press is displayed!

Cool.
Thank you to the developer.