py2exe failed for running compiled service

Peter Teniz peter.teniz at inverisa.net
Wed Feb 11 14:49:24 EST 2004

thanks a lot thomas for your quick answering
- this was my newbie-fault!

the service registers fine while starting

D:\Project> FBservice -install -user: pteniz
D:\Project> net start FBserver

py2exe is a really helpful tools for me - great work!

Thomas Heller wrote:
> Peter Teniz <peter.teniz at inverisa.net> writes:
>

>>hi, i'm trying to generate a service for win XP / win 2k with
>>python2.3.3 + win32all-163 + py2exe0.5.0
>>(also tried with pywin32-200.win32-py2.3)
>>
>>running the console-script "FBxmlserv.py" with python-interpreter and as
>>EXE-prog goes well.
>>running the service-module "FBservice.py" with python-interpreter also
>>works fine
>>but after comiling with py2exe (with no warnings or errors!)  i get on
>>every host the same error message
>>when trying to execute the FBservice.exe
>>
>> > FBservice.exe
>>Connecting to the Service Control Manager
>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "boot_service.py" line 158, in ?
>>pywintypes.error: (1063, 'StartServiceCtrlDispatcher', 'Der
>>Dienstprozess konnte keine Verbindung zum Dienstcontroller herstellen.')
>>
>>has anyone an idee, what to do?
>

> This is not a bug.
>
> Services are supposed to be started by the system - the windows service
> control manager.  They have to be registered before, and the exe accepts
> some command line switches that help with this.
>
> You can run the service exe with the '-help' command line switch to list
> them:

C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\py2exe\samples\advanced\dist>MyService.exe
-help