any examples of great well-written web apps?

Dave Benjamin ramen at lackingtalent.com
Mon Feb 16 10:54:17 EST 2004

In article <87bro1a7qc.fsf at strauser.com>, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> Did PHP ever get a standard database API as part of the core system, or do
> people still use those horrid mysql_execute()-style functions?

Not that I'm particularly interested in having a Python vs PHP argument,
since I think they both have their place, but PHP has had PEAR::DB and
several other database abstraction layers for several years now. In fact,
PEAR::DB is part of the standard PHP distribution.

--
.:[ dave benjamin: ramen/[sp00] -:- spoomusic.com -:- ramenfest.com ]:.
: d r i n k i n g   l i f e   o u t   o f   t h e   c o n t a i n e r :