How to obscure a password

Batista, Facundo FBatista at uniFON.com.ar
Thu Feb 26 11:45:51 EST 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:

#- > I need to restore the password later and use it as if the
#- user just entered
#- > it.
#-
#- Your design is probably fundamentally flawed in that case.  Are you
#- certain it is not possible to store the hashed password and always
#- to compare against it?

That will imply to the user to enter his password everytime (that's what I'm
trying to avoid).

Anyway, I'll tell the user how insecure is the mechanism, and give him the
freedom to choice between save the password to the disk and don't enter it
anymore, or always enter it.

.	Facundo