AVPython on ArcGIS?

Bruce Dodson bruce_dodson at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 17:31:23 EST 2004

AVPython itself will not be ported to ArcGIS 8 or 9.
However, I have been working occasionally to make ArcObjects
accessible from Python.  I call it PyArcObjects.  I made
some progress, but also found some gotchas in the ArcObjects
typelibs.  All in all, this is a much more ambitious project
than AVPython, and will take longer to get right.

Considering some changes that are happening with ArcGIS 9,
that will probably make a better target platform than ArcGIS
8.

"Chris Fonnesbeck" <spam at fisher.forestry.uga.edu> wrote in
message
news:c3835e5f.0402191224.9b5d076 at posting.google.com...
> I know that AVPython was written to allow scripting in
ArcView 3.*,
> but I am wondering if this module works in ArcGIS 8.*? I
notice that
> the last release is quite old; has development ceased on
this project?